Potato, Patato! You say one way, I say another!
I love using staple foods and finding creative ways to cook them.
This is not spicy but does have kick to it.
Super yum- after serving us and our guests, I put some aside, and in all honestly, finished it off. This was our side dish, and our friends brought Lentil Loaf and Salad. I may have to have Alyson guest blog that Lentil Loaf because it rocked and the salad has basil in it which complemented the Lemon Ginger Potatoes hands down! What a great dinner!
Including all the knock knock jokes my kids decided to make and that was followed by a game called Sequence, which we had never played before! It was fun, and we had teams, naturally divided by gender, and the girls and boys tied!
2 cups water
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
3-4 tbsp grated ginger
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/8-1/4 cup oil
1. Cut potatoes into bit sizes
2. Pour oil into the bottom of a pan
3. Over medium high heat add potatoes and cook (don't forget to stir) for 10-12 minutes.
4. As you cook, add in some ginger.
5. Get the water, add salt, pepper and a little bit of ginger to it.
6. Pull the pan aside for a minute and add the water mixture and put back and cook until completely absorbed.
7. Add in the lemon juice and rest of the ginger as well as the Italian Seasoning and stir well.