Happy New Year!
2013-- One of my resolutions is to be good about my food. Not to waste anything. To be creative with my food. Have fun. And of course, to blog.
This I made up on the spot, because I really wanted pumpkin.
I have been feeling kind of blah this week and woke up one day this week with a sore throat. So I thought that it will be a good idea to spice up my craving with pumpkin and add as many ingredients that could help boost the immune system as I could.
I have to say, I want to have more of this, so yummy!
Those worried about spice, my kids are sensitive to spice and they are eating it, so no worries.
And I it also hits the spot since we are suppose to get snow today (and I will take any snow since we are 35" below in the last two years and got our first snow yesterday in two years!! Needless to say, we are excited about the snow!) and it is 24 degrees outside!! Nothing better than something to warm the tummy on a cold day!
30 ounce pureed pumpkin
1 Kabucha Squash, or any squash
1 cup milk, or soy milk
2 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese grated
2 small onions
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp butter
pepper, to taste
cayenne pepper, to taste
salt, to taste
garlic powder, to taste
ginger powder, to taste
italian seasoning, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the squash in half, deseed, and put in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
3. Cut the onions
4. In a big pot, put the oil and onions and garlic- sautee.
5. Put in the pumpkin
6. Put in the first round of spices, to taste
7. Put to low heat, add the soy milk
8. Pull out the squash and use a spoon and add the squash
8. Add half the butter
9. Add the 1 cup of water at a time, using a potato masher and mash it together
10. Add the cheese
11. Add the other half butter and spices
12. Serve with cheese on top