Know the Law
1. Memorise the Law
2. Lead an opening and closing ceremony for the girl scout meeting including the promise and law by heart
Be Anything, Do Everything
1. Come to the meeting to fill out the booklet, or do so on your own
2. Research a career you want to do and a woman who did that and then tell the troop about the person and the career. If there is no woman in that field, or no career, share how you can change that!
(The girl will be expected to be able to tell about the career and the person they choose in some detail for a few minutes).
This will be continuous as long as I have booklets and patches to give. These are not replaceable.
Sports Awareness Patch
2. Troop hikes/outdoor sports activities and sports teams activities count
3. For the patch, hours can be dispersed among same or different physical activities but the sports specific pins need to have the associated hours with the pin.
4. The form must be brought back to the troop leader or advancement leader
5. Anything not done as a troop, does not use troop funds and is the sole financial responsibility of the parents ie: swim or soccer or baseball, etc etc
1. Learn the knots!
Examples: Square Knot, Taut Line Hitch, Half Hitch, Clove Hitch, Slip Clove Hitch, Sheet Bend, Double Sheet Bend, Bowline, Figure 8, 2 1/2 Hitch, Fisherman's Knot, Truckers/Canoers Hitch, Prusik, Chain Sinnet, amongst many.
Watch YouTube videos to help ↓
3. Re-teach to the leader or another scout with leader there the knots according to your level
Brownies: 2 knots
Juniors: 3 knots
Cadettes: 4 knots
Seniors: 5 knots
This patch is limited to what I have since I can no longer buy to any more of these patches.
More will be added as we go through for the rest of the 2016-2017 year for girl scouts!